This information regarding maintenance is for tenants who live in the Housing Authority of the City of Franklin-owned and managed properties only. If you live in an apartment managed by a private landlord, please contact your landlord for any maintenance issues.

The Housing Authority of the City of Franklin Maintenance Department is responsible for managing all maintenance functions in the most timely and cost effective manner, while providing the best service to the residents of Dale Avenue and Colonial Manor. These services include plumbing, electrical, heating, etc. The Maintenance Department is also on call after business hours and during the weekend.

When to place a work order for repairs?

You have a legal obligation to let the Housing Authority of the City of Franklin know about anything in you apartment does not work properly. For example, this would include plumbing that leaks, a furnace that doesn't work properly, your refrigerator is not keeping things cold, etc... anything that seems to need repair, please let us know by calling 432-3416. Please do not stop a maintenance employee and request work to be done. All work order requests must first go through the administrative staff, so please call the office when requesting a work order.

If you are unsure about a problem, please CALL AND ASK! This discussion will not cost you anything, and early repair of a small problem can save you money later. For instance, if you have a leaky faucet, we may be able to simply replace the damaged part and solve the problem. Ignoring the leak could result in other, more extensive damage and possibly cost much more to repair.

Will I get charged?

You will not be charged for normal wear-and-tear. If you are unsure if an item is "normal wear-and-tear," please call the office.

You will be charged if damages occur for the following reasons:

  • You do not report needed repairs in a timely manner.
  • You/your guest(s) cause damages, such as a broken window, door, etc.